Come join your local Sanger Area Chamber of Commerce members on the last Wednesday of each month to enjoy a great meal from a local eatery and hear an interesting presentation that could help you improve your business or inform you about matters of interest in the community. Lunch starts at 12 Noon and starts with each person in attendance having the opportunity to introduce themselves to all the attendees and provide a 30 second “commercial” to promote their business. Commercials are followed by a 30-45 minute presentation and time is allowed at the end to network with other business people from the area.
What do we talk about?
Previous topics have included (but are not limited to) the following:
- Being an effective member of a non-profit board of directors from Valerie Foster with Sanger Education Foundation
- Presentations on public-interest topics:
- I-35 expansion from the 35 Express Public Information Office
- FM455 expansion from TXDOT
- Lake Ray Roberts & Lake Lewisville waterways presentation from the Army Corps of Engineers
- Update on the renovation of the historic church building from Tona Batis with the Sanger Area Historcial Society
- Leadership motivation from speaker and Chamber member Perry Patrick
- OSHA compliance from workplace safety expert and Chamber member Melissa Gardner from NTX Safety Solutions
- Success Traits of Business Owners by Dr. Tina Mims
- Effective use of Social Media to improve your business from certified social media expert and Chamber member Clay Akers
Want to share your ideas?
Do you have a topic of interest to our local business community that you would like to share? Please email us with your contact information and a short description of the material you would like to present.
Our members love to hear from business experts and learn tips on how to operate their businesses more effectively; however, they don’t come to hear a 30 – 45 minute sales pitch. Please make sure your material provides value to our members and limit your sales pitch (if one is included) to two or three sentences. There is plenty of time before and after each meal to network and make business connections.